Attorney James C. Provenza
Chicago area lawyer and CPA
For more than 20 years, I have dedicated my practice in Glenview, IL to helping individuals and non-profit organizations realize their plans and achieve their goals.
I also provide legal and consulting services to nonprofits, including incorporation and preparation of Form 1023, Attorney General registration, alternative sources of revenue, and employment law.
Areas of practice
Because I am a CPA as well as a lawyer, I offer exceptionally informed assistance in areas where tax planning and law intersect, especially:
- Funding and operating non-profit organizations
- Planning and administering estates
- Admitted to practice: Illinois, 1980
- J.D. Degree: John Marshall Law School, 1980
- Passed CPA exam: Illinois, 1977
- B.S. Degree, Accounting: University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, 1977
- Law and Leading Attorneys—named in this handbook of leading Illinois attorneys according to a survey of their peers
- Illinois State Bar Association—member of Trusts and Estates section
- American Institute of CPAs—member of Tax and Not-For-Profit sections
- Association of Consultants to Nonprofits-legal practice area
- Northern Illinois Planned Giving Council—founding member and president, 2008-2009
- Chicago Council on Planned Giving—Board member 2015-2018
- Association of Lutheran Development Executives—past member of Board of Directors, Chicago chapter
- Salvation Army of Chicago-member of Planned Giving Advisory Committee
- Crusader Health Foundation—member of Planned Giving Advisory Committee
A sound future based on solid legal and tax planning advice
For estate planning advice from an experienced lawyer and tax planning professional, or help with formation and growth of a non-profit group, contact me at James C. Provenza & Associates, PC in Glenview, IL. We also offer appointments in Chicago, Oakbrook, Deerfield and Rockford.